Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Time Capsule

Composer: Eric Chan
Lyricist: 曰云@sense

Read the letter, touched the novel
Made of paper, I saw the boat
We used to sing "Row, row, row your boat"
Sailing far into the ocean
Before the night turned cold, before we grew too old

You chose the shell, I chose the rock
In this capsule, where they belong
We placed it there, third drawer from the top
Keeping it safely locked until
After the time has gone, after our love turns strong

*Baby our time is here, but where are you?
Oh should I meet you there? Looking for you just like a fool
No matter how I loved you, our love is through
No you don't love me anymore
I'm fading from view

Baby our time is now, but where are you?
All the love that we shared, it was just sweet nothings to you
No our love didn't survive, not after all these years
Could this be all that's left of us,
remaining here?*

Repeat *

Shut the cover, and close my eyes
I'm done grieving what is lost inside
I won't forget that there was a time
When we tried to keep a promise
Through a beautiful ride, until the end of time


後記:

There's a time when we need to hold on to something,
too afraid that it'll be lost.

But there's also a time when we realized that...
the only way to keep something alive is to let go.

Because by letting go, we're not allowing it to be lost;
we're allowing it, and ourselves, to become free.

No comments: